TERMS & CONDITIONS
To enable us to provide and maintain the highest standards of care, we require all parents to be aware of and abide by the following Terms and Conditions. Along with your Enrolment Details, these Terms and Conditions form your contract with Acorns Nurseries Limited.
It is imperative that you return your completed Enrolment Details following your child’s first settling in visit.
Where possible this must be signed by both parents and given to the Nursery Manager. It is extremely important that you inform us of any alterations to telephone numbers, contact details or any other changes which occur throughout the year as these forms are updated annually.
- A full day is 7.30am to 6pm with a morning session from 7.30am to 1pm and afternoon sessions from 1pm to 6pm. Our workplace nursery, Acorns Aviva have different hours, a full day is 8am to 6pm with a morning session from 8am to 1pm and afternoon sessions from 1pm to 6pm.
- We adhere to a strict child/staff ratio, therefore it is important that you do not arrive earlier than the starting time or later than the finishing time.
- Should you arrive later than the finishing time (being 1pm and 6pm) you will be charged at a rate of £25.00 per 15 minutes. Any exceptional circumstances will, of course, be taken into consideration.
- If you are not collecting your child personally from nursery, it is essential that staff are made aware of the person that you have authorised to do so in your absence. Only persons identified on enrolment forms are able to collect your child. A password system is used and we will not allow children to leave with anyone who has not been made familiar to staff. We also ask that as a parent you do not let any person into the nursery that you are not familiar with, even if you believe it to be another parent.
- Nursery fees are payable monthly in advance. Invoices are issued around the 25th of each month and are to be paid by Direct Debit. We accept all Childcare Vouchers. If you wish to take advantage of a voucher scheme please inform the Nursery Manager. There will be a charge of £25 for any returned payments.
- Fees are payable for any reserved place including sickness or holidays, but not those days when the nursery is closed ie. Bank Holidays. Fees are calculated on a pro rata basis for the early closure on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Children may be excluded from the nursery if fees remain outstanding more than one calendar month beyond their due date and registration could be terminated.
- You should provide a complete change of clothes for your child which is kept at the nursery. These must be clearly labelled. We also require the children to wear slippers or indoor shoes whilst in nursery and wellies for outdoor play.
- Prescribed medicine which is clearly labelled for your child can be administered by a member of staff during the nursery day and once handed over will be stored appropriately. Parents sign daily medicine forms to authorise staff to administer the prescribed dosage. At the end of the day you will be requested to sign to confirm that you have been informed of dosage and times administered. In addition, should your child develop a high temperature whilst at nursery, with your prior consent, we are able to administer a single dose of Calpol or other analgesic that you provide. If your child’s state of health does not improve you will be asked to collect them from nursery, preferably within one hour. Please adhere to our Sickness and Illness Policy for guidelines concerning your child’s time away from nursery following an illness.
- Acorns Nurseries occasionally take photographs which may be used in training or promotional material. These would never be passed onto any third party or used for any other reason. Photographs are also taken during the nursery day by staff to support evidence and achievement for the children’s records.
- All our employees are contracted not to undertake a position of work of a similar nature with a customer of Acorns Nurseries Limited for a period of 2 months after leaving our employment and are bound by this contractual condition. Failure to comply with the above will render the employer liable to pay to Acorns a sum equivalent to two months salary for the employee at the time they terminate their contract with Acorns.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information. We do not store credit card details nor do we share details with any 3rd parties.
- 8 weeks notice in writing is required, should you wish to cancel your nursery place for any reason. Therefore, 8 weeks fees is due from the date of notice. If you do not take up the place your holding fee is non-refundable. Exceptional circumstances will be taken into consideration.